Book Detail: Principles of Agricultural Economics with MCQ
Outlines of Principles of Agricultural Economics
- Economics – Definition and Nature & Scope of Economics – Divisions of Economics
- Economic systems – Definitions and characteristics – capital economy – socialist economy Mixed economy
- Theory of Consumer behavior – Utility- definition and measurement – cardinal and ordinal approaches – Law of diminishing marginal utility – Graphical derivation of demand curve.
- Ordinal approach – Indifference curve – characteristics – budget line – equilibrium of consumer.
- Demand –individual demand – market demand – demand schedule – demand curve – Law of demand and factors affecting it.
- Elasticity of demand – price, income and cross elasticities – estimation – point and arc elasticity- Giffen Good – normal and inferior goods – substitutes and complementary goods
- Engel’s Law of family expenditure and significance. -Consumer’s surplus– estimation and applications.
- Production – factors of production – land & characteristics; Labour – quantity and quality of labour – division of labour – efficiency of labour – Malthusian
- Capital – characteristics – capital formation; Organization of business firms – types and characteristics – Concept of shares & debenture.
- Supply-Law of diminishing marginal return – its application to agriculture – Cost concepts short run & long run cost curves – optimum level of production.
- Graphical derivation of supply from cost curve – – supply schedule – supply curve – Law of supply – elasticity of supply.
- Market and its structure – perfectly competitive market and derivation of equilibrium price Definition and characteristics of Imperfectly competitive markets.
- Factor pricing ; rent – Ricardian rent-economic rent – Quasi – rent; Wage– marginal productivity theory of wage; Interest – Liquidity preference theory; Profit –Risk-bearing theory of profit.
- Macro economics – Concepts of – Gross National Product (GNP) – Gross Domestic Product (GDP) – Net National Product (NNP) – Percapita income.
- Money – Definition & functions of money; inflation –consequences & control.
- Public finance – public revenue – public expenditure; taxation – principles of taxation.
Feedback: After Reading these ICAR eCourse, please give your feedback for improve of the e-Course contents on this website. Click Here
Disclaimer: The information on this website does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of the courseware contents.
The contents are provided free for noncommercial purpose such as teaching, training, research, extension and self learning.
If you are facing any Problem than fill form Contact Us
If you want share any article related Agriculture with us than send at firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact detail.
106,061 total views, 1 views today