Book Detail: Soil and Plant Analysis With Practical
Author: Dr. A. Vadivel, Dr. M. Shivanna
Outlines of Soil and Plant Analysis
- Soil sampling, importance, methods of sampling and processing of soil samples.
- Soil structure, classification and aggregate analysis
- Theories and concepts of soil moisture estimation – gravimetric, tensiometer, gypsum block, neutron probe and pressure plate methods
- Hydraulic conductivity, Darcy’s law and determination of hydraulic conductivity.
- Soil air and its composition. Gaseous exchange and measurement of ODR
- Plant sampling, importance, methods of sampling and processing of plant samples.
- Leaf analysis, standards and index tissues of different crops and interpretation of leaf analytical values.
- Chemical and mineral composition of important horticultural crops
- Principles and measurement of pH, EC and redox potential
- Principle and operation of spectrophotometer and Flame photometer
- Principle and operation of Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer
- Genesis, characterization and management of saline and sodic soils
- Genesis, characterization and management of acid soils
- Soil physical constrains, excessive and slow permeable soils, surface crusting and sub surface hard pan and their management.
- Genesis, characterization and management of water logged soils
- Quality of irrigation waters, criteria and parameters used for judgement
- Classifications of irrigation water and management of poor quality irrigation waters
- Collection and preparation of soil samples for analysis
- Estimation of moisture content in soil and plant by gravimetric method
- Determination of hydraulic conductivity in soils
- Determination of water holding capacity of soils
- Determination of soil pH and EC
- Estimation of cation exchange capacity and ESP -I (Class)
- Estimation of cation exchange capacity and ESP II (Class)
- Estimation of Available nitrogen in soil
- Estimation of Available phosphorus in soil
- Estimation of Available potassium in soil
- Estimation of Available Fe, Mn, Zn and Copper in soil by Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer
- Estimation of nitrogen in plant sample
- Estimation of phosphorus and potassium in plant sample
- Estimation of Fe, Mn, Zn and Copper in plant sample using Atomic Absorption Spectrometer
- Estimation of anions in irrigation water sample
- Estimation of cations in irrigation water sample
- Quality assessment of irrigation waters.
Feedback: After Reading these ICAR eCourse, please give your feedback for improve of the e-Course contents on this website. Click Here
Disclaimer: The information on this website does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of the courseware contents.
The contents are provided free for noncommercial purpose such as teaching, training, research, extension and self learning.
If you are facing any Problem than fill form Contact Us
If you want share any article related Agriculture with us than send at firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact detail.
15,430 total views, 2 views today