Book Detail: Post Harvest Management & Value Addition of Fruits & vegetable
How to Download PDF Book [Full Guide]
Outlines of Post Harvest Management & Value Addition of Fruits & vegetable
- Importance of post harvest technology of horticultural crops
- Maturity indices, harvesting and post harvest handling of fruits and vegetables
- Maturity and ripening process
- Factors affecting ripening can be physiological, physical, or biotic
- Pre harvest factors affecting quality on post harvest life of fruits and vegetables – factors responsible for deterioration of harvested fruits and vegetables
- Factors responsible for deterioration of harvested fruits and vegetables
- Chemicals used in Ripening
- Methods of storage-precooling, pre storage treatments, low temperature storage, controlled atmosphere storage, hypobaric storage, irradiation and low cost storage structures
- Various methods of packaging- packaging materials and transport
- Packaging technology
- Importance and scope of fruit and vegetable preservation in India
- Principles of preservation by heat, low temperature, chemicals and fermentation
- Unit layout-selection of site and precautions for hygienic conditions of the unit
- Preservation through canning, bottling, freezing, dehydration, drying, ultraviolet and ionizing radiations
- Preparation of jams, jellies, marmalades, candies, crystallized and glazed fruits, preserves, chutneys, pickles, ketchup, sauce, puree, syrups, juices, squashes and cordials
- Spoilage of canned products – biochemical, enzymatic and microbial spoilage
- Preservatives, colours permitted and prohibited in India
Feedback: After Reading these ICAR eCourse, please give your feedback for improve of the e-Course contents on this website. Click Here
Disclaimer: The information on this website does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of the courseware contents.
The contents are provided free for noncommercial purpose such as teaching, training, research, extension and self learning.
If you are facing any Problem than fill form Contact Us
If you want share any article related Agriculture with us than send at email@example.com with your contact detail.
2 thoughts on “Post Harvest Management & Value Addition of Fruits & vegetable”
HOw to buy online
Can u pls send this pdf to my email ?
It’s a key topic and I had like to get a copy of it.