Agricultural Heritage denotes the values and traditional practices adopted in ancient India, which are more relevant for present day system. Our heritage is unique than any other civilization.
Course Outline – Agricultural Heritage
- Introduction of Indian Agricultural Heritage
- Origin of Agriculture
- Agriculture in India
- Farm implements
- Forecast of annual monsoon rains
- Seed and sowing
- Pests and their management
- Horticulture and arboriculture
- Current scenario of Indian agriculture
- Importance of agriculture and agricultural resources
- Journey of Indian agriculture and its development from past to modern era
- Classification of Crop Plants
- Need and importance of crop classification
- Classification based on climate
- Classification Based on growing season
- Use/Agronomic classification
- Classification based on life of crops/duration of crops
- Classification based on cultural method/water
- Classification based on root system
- Classification based on economic importance
- Classification based on No. of cotyledons
- Classification based on photosynthesis’ (Reduction of CO2/Dark reaction)
- Classification based on length of photoperiod required for floral initiation
- National agriculture setup in India
- The ICAR System
For Daily Update follow us at:
Feedback: After Reading these ICAR eCourse, please give your feedback for improve of the e-Course contents on this website. Click Here
Disclaimer: The information on this website does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of the courseware contents.
The contents are provided free for noncommercial purpose such as teaching, training, research, extension and self learning.
If you are facing any Problem than fill form Contact Us
If you want share any article related Agriculture with us than send at firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact detail.