Developed By: TNAU
Outline- INTRODUCTION TO SOIL SCIENCE
- Soil – Pedological and edaphological concepts
- Origin of the earth – Earth’s crust – Composition
- Rocks and minerals
- Soil formation factors and processes – Components of soils
- Soil profile
- Soil physical properties – Soil texture – Textural classes – Particle size analysis
- Soil structure – Classification
- Soil aggregates – significance – Soil consistency – Soil crusting – Bulk density and particle density of soils & porosity – their significance and manipulation
- Soil compaction – Soil Colour – Soil water
- Retention and potentials – Soil moisture constants
- Movement of soil water – Infiltration, percolation, permeability – Drainage – Methods of determination of soil moisture
- Thermal properties of soils – Soil temperature – Soil air – Gaseous exchange – Influence of soil temperature and air on plant growth
- Soil colloids – Properties, nature, types and significance
- Layer silicate clays – their genesis and sources of charges
- Adsorption of ions–Ion exchange–CEC& AEC – Factors influencing ion exchange Significance.
- Soil organic matter – Composition – Decomposability
- Humus – Fractionation of organic matter
- Carbon cycle – C: N ratio. Soil biology – Biomass – Soil organisms – Their beneficial and harmful roles.
If you are facing any Problem than fill form Contact Us
If you want share any article related Agriculture with us than send at firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact detail.
9 thoughts on “Introduction to Soil Science ICAR eCourse PDF Book”
thanks for this book