How to Download PDF Book [Full Guide]
COURSE OUTLINE – PRINCIPLES OF AGRONOMY AND AGRICULTURAL METEOROLOGY
- Agriculture – Definition – Importance and scope – Branches of agriculture – Evolution of man and agriculture – Development of scientific agriculture – National and International Agricultural Research Institutes.
- Indian agriculture – Indian economy – National income – per capita income – Agricultural income in GDP – Women in agriculture and empowerment
- History of agricultural development in the world and India. Agriculture heritage – Agriculture in ancient India
- Stages of agriculture development – Era of civilization- Importance of Neolithic civilization
- Chronology of Agricultural technology development in India
- Kautilya’s Arthasasthra – Sangam literature – rainfall prediction – ITK -Tamil Almanac.
- Agronomy – definition – meaning and scope. Agro-climatic zones of India and Tamil Nadu – Agro ecological zones of India
- Crops and major soils – Classification – Economic and agricultural importance in India and Tamil Nadu
- Factors affecting crop production – climatic – edaphic – biotic- physiographic and socio economic factors
- Tillage – Definition – objectives – types of tillage – modern concepts of tillage – main field preparation
- Seeds – Seed rate – Sowing methods – Germination – Crop stand establishment – Planting geometry
- Role of manures and fertilizers in crop production – agronomic interventions for enhancing FUE – Inter cultivation – Thinning – Gap filling and other intercultural operations
- Irrigation – Time and methods – Modern techniques of irrigation – Drainage and its importance
- Planting Geometry and its Effect on Growth and Yield
- Cropping pattern and cropping system – Intensive cropping- Sustainable agriculture – IFS
- Organic / eco-friendly agriculture – Dry farming – Concepts and principles
- Agro-climatic zones of India
- Agro meteorology
- Weather and climate, micro-climate
- Weather elements and their influence on different crops
- Weather aberrations
- Weather forecasting
- Weather modification -Artificial rain making and cloud seeding
- Remote sensing.
If you are facing any Problem than fill form Contact Us
If you want share any article related Agriculture with us than send at firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact detail.
10 thoughts on “Principles of Agronomy & Agricultural Meteorology PDF Books”
Please upload the temperate fruits notes