Agronomy has come to include research of plant genetics, plant physiology, meteorology, and soil science. It is the application of a combination of sciences such as biology, chemistry, economics, ecology, earth science, and genetics. Professionals of agronomy are termed agronomists.
Course Outline – Fundamentals of Agronomy
- Agronomy and its scope
- Seeds and sowing
- Tillage and tilth
- Crop density and geometry
- Crop nutrition, Manures and fertilizers
- Water resources and soil – plant – water relationships
- Crop water requirement and water use efficiency
- Scheduling of irrigation and methods of irrigation
- Quality of irrigation water
- Weed and its classification
- Weed management
- Herbicide classification
- Growth and development of crops
- Plant ideotype
- Crop rotation and its principles\
- Harvesting and threshing of crops
For Daily Update follow us at:
Feedback: After Reading these ICAR eCourse, please give your feedback for improve of the e-Course contents on this website. Click Here
Disclaimer: The information on this website does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of the courseware contents.
The contents are provided free for noncommercial purpose such as teaching, training, research, extension and self learning.
If you are facing any Problem than fill form Contact Us
If you want share any article related Agriculture with us than send at email@example.com with your contact detail.