How to Download PDF Books (Full Guide)
COURSE OUTLINE: INSECT ECOLOGY & INTEGRATED PEST MANAGEMENT INCLUDING BENEFICIAL INSECTS (ENTO 232)
- Principles of applied entomology – economic classification of insects.
- Bee species – comparison – castes of bees – bee behaviour and bee dance.
- Apiary management practices – bee pasturage – foraging – seasonal variations.
- Role of bees in cross pollination – their exploitation – case studies with selected crops.
- Bee products – their properties and uses.
- Effect of agricultural inputs on bee activity – pesticide poisoning.
- Role of pollinators, weed killers and other beneficial insects.
- Management of household pests, vectors of human diseases and pests of cattle and poultry.
- Insect ecology – definition – balance of life in nature – reproductive potential and environmental resistance.
- Population dynamics – role of biotic factors – competition – parasitoids and predatots.
- Life table – Interspecific and intraspecific relationship.
- Abiotic factors – physical, nutritional and host plant associated factors on insect population. Bioresources in ecosystems.
- Pests – definition, categories and causes for outbreak of pests. Losses caused by pests.
- Pest monitoring – pest surveillance and forecasting – objectives, survey, sampling techniques and decision making. Economic Threshold Level and Economic Injury Level.
- Factors influencing Economic Injury Level and Economic Threshold Level.
- Pest Management – definition – need – objectives, requirements for successful pest management programme. Components of pest management.
- Cultural methods – definition – characteristics, requisites – farm level practices and community level practices, advantages and disadvantages.
- Physical methods – definition – use of heat, moisture, light, lectromagnetic energy and sound energy – Mechanical methods – definition – mechanical destruction and exclusion – merits and demerits.
- Mid semester examination.
- Legal methods – definition – pest introductions – quarantine – phytosanitary certificate – pest legislation.
- Host plant resistance – definition – types and mechanisms, ecological and genetic resistance.
- Host-plant resistance in pest management – compatibility with other pest management practices – merits and demerits.
- Biological control – definition – history and development – classical examples – factors governing biological control.
- Predators and parasitoids of agricultural importance – role in pest management.
- Chemical control – definition – history of insecticide development – toxicity parameters – ideal qualities of an insecticide.
- Classification of insecticides based on mode of entry, mode of action and chemical nature.
- Insecticides Act 1968 – insecticide residues and waiting periods. Role of pesticides in pest management.
- Semiochemicals – definition – intraspecific semiochemicals – allomone, kairomone, synomone and apneumone.
- Interspecific semiochemicals – pheromone, sex pheromone, alarm and trail marking pheromone. Pheromones in Integrated Pest Management.
- Sterility methods – definition – principles – methods – requirements and limitaitons.
- Insect growth regulators – moult inhibitors – Juvenile Hormone mimics – mode of action and uses. Insect anti feed ants and repellents – mode of action, groups and uses.
- Pesticide application technology – principles and methods.
- Pesticide compatibility, safety and hazards – antidotes – safe handling – impact of pesticides on agro ecosystems. Impact of global warming on pests.
- Integrated Pest Management – history, principles and strategies – relationship between different components and economics.
- Integrated Pest Management: Issues and options. Eco friendly Integrated Pest Management – Indigenous/traditional technologies in Integrated Pest Management.
- Specific Integrated Pest Management practices for rice and cotton. Biotechnology in pest management.
If you are facing any Problem than fill form Contact Us
If you want share any article related Agriculture with us than send at firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact detail.
2 thoughts on “Insect Ecology & Integrated Pest Management PDF Book”
Please give all these books in Marathi language also
Best efforts to help science