Book Detail: Waste and By-product Utilization
Efficient utilization of by-products has direct impact on the economy and environmental pollution of the country. … Besides pollution and hazard aspects, in many cases meat, poultry and fish processing wastes have a potential for recycling raw materials or for conversion into useful products of higher value.
Author: Dr. S. K. Singh, Dr. P. K. Gupta
Outlines of Waste and By-product Utilization
I. Introduction to by-products and waste generation in agricultural production and processing
- By-products/waste, types of food by-product and waste, magnitude of by-products and waste in food production, magnitude of by-products and wastes in food processing
Also Download: All Agricultural engineering Book Download
II . Waste management concepts
- Waste characteristics, waste management and effluent treatment
III. Direct combustion of solid waste
- Proximate and ultimate analysis of biomass, theory of combustion, direct combustion of biomass as fuel in furnaces, operating conditions affecting design of furnace.
- Bales, operation of baler, briquettes, advantages and uses of briquettes.
- Thermo-chemical conversion of solid waste
- Biomass gasification, gasification process mechanism, types of gasifier reactors, utilization of producer gas
- Bio-chemical conversion of solid waste
- Biogas, biogas plants, classification of biogas plants, design of biogas plants, comparison among KVIC, Janta and Deenbandhu biogas plants, working of Deenbandhu biogas plant.
- Selection of proper size of biogas plant, utilization of biogas for cooking purpose.
- Utilization of biogas for lighting purposes and engine operation
- Solid waste management
- Methods of disposal solid waste, Vermin composting
VII. Effluent treatment and disposal
- Parameters of effluent like temperature, pH, Oxygen demands (BOD,COD), fat oil and grease content, metal content, forms of phosphorous and sulphur in effluent
- Treatment of effluent, steps for waste water treatment, sedimentation, coagulation, flocculation and floatation
- Characteristics of food processing waste water, trickling filters, rotating biological contractors
- Oxidation ditches, activated sludge process, lagoons
- Filteration, slow sand filter, rapid sand filter, disinfection of water
VIII. Presence of typical chemicals
- Microbiology of waste, bacteriological analysis of water, water borne diseases, insecticide, pesticide and fungicides residues
- Management of Pesticide Residues, equipments for estimation of pesticide residue.
For Daily Update follow us at:
Feedback: After Reading these ICAR eCourse, please give your feedback for improve of the e-Course contents on this website. Click Here
Disclaimer: The information on this website does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of the courseware contents.
The contents are provided free for noncommercial purpose such as teaching, training, research, extension and self learning.
If you are facing any Problem than fill form Contact Us
If you want share any article related Agriculture with us than send at firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact detail.
85 total views, 1 views today